1. Find the Apache config file to edit.The location and name of this file may be different on your server. Your configuration files are typically found in /etc/httpd. The configuration file is usually named httpd.conf. Sometimes you will find the
Now add these lines to your file.
apachectl -V | grep SERVER_CONFIG_FILE
Your file should look like this:
2. Change the names of the files and paths to match your certificate files:
- SSLCertificateFile should be your primary certificate file for your domain name.
- SSLCertificateKeyFile should be the key file generated when you created the CSR.
- SSLCertificateChainFile should be the intermediate certificate file (if any) that was supplied by your certificate authority.
3. Save the changes.Now, before restarting the server, we will check for errors first. If no errors are found, we will get Syntax Ok.
4. Restart your Apache web server using one of the following commands:
Now, go to https://www.your-site.com and check to see if it works.